Tuesday 26 March 2013

Tuesday mani | m&s beauty



I had a nosey around m&s's beauty department in Southampton the other day. There were a few things that caught my eye but what I was really drawn to was the 'Limited collection quick dry nail polish'.

There was a gorgeous bright zingy orange and a lovely pastel blue and I was going to give in and get both. I was very strict though, and plumped for just one and went with the blue which is called 'Ultra Violet' . It's a gorgeous colour and so summery! (Wishful thinking!!)

I was pleased when it applied really well with a great brush and only needed two coats to give a full opaque, even, and glossy finish. They dried quickly and despite smelling pretty vile I was chuffed.

My problem started about two minutes after I started getting on with my life.

Oh. The. Chipping.

Literally ridiculous. I know this varnish wasn't exactly the most expensive but with a topcoat as well and allowing plenty of time to dry I was quite frankly pretty annoyed. All I did was put some folded clothes in a suitcase. I think any varnish that can't handle that is pretty much a fail as far as I'm concerned.

I would say that it would be fine for just one night out rather than varnish that you want for a week, but I bought it because I thought it would be a great summer time everyday staple.

Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

Have you tried any of the limited collection varnishes? Was I just unlucky in the colour that I picked? Do let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Not impressed with the chipping either. Should be able to return junk like this!

    ReplyDelete